Universidad de La Serena is the only state university in the region of Coquimbo, Chile, that places special value in the areas of science technology, humanities and social sciences.
The ULS was established in March 20th, 1981, when the regional campuses of Universidad de Chile and the ex-Universidad Tecnica del Estado were fused together.
As part of its mission, the institution hopes to primarily develop programs for professionals and postgraduate students, placing special importance in academic quality and values, fostering a critical vision and sense of responsibility in regards to the environment.
With almost 7 thousand graduate students, Universidad de La Serena is the main place of study in the Region of Coquimbo and one of the biggest educational institutions in the northern region of the country. It currently has 40 professional programs, 21 postgraduate and diploma programs.
The University has several campuses: Andrés Bello, Ignacio Domeyko, Isabel Bongard and Enrique Molina Garmendia, all in La Serena; while the Coquimbo campus is in the port community of the same name; and the Limarí campus can be found in Ovalle.
- Agronomy Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Astronomy
- Bachelor’s degree in Physics
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics
- Biology and Natural Science Teacher Training
- Mathematics and Computer Teacher Training
- Mathematics and Physics Teacher Training
- Chemistry and Natural Science Teacher Training
Social Sciences and Economics Faculty
- Commercial Engineering
- Business Management Engineering
- History and Geography Teacher Training
- Design with a Minor in Communication
- Design with a Minor in Equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in Music
- General Elementary Teacher Training
- Spanish and Philosophy Teacher Training
- Special Needs Education Teacher Training
- Musical Education Teacher Training
- Preschool Teacher Training
- English as a Foreign Language Teacher Training
- English – Spanish Translator
- Construction Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Industrial Civil Engineering
- Civil Engineering in Mechanics
- Civil Engineering in Mines
- Environmental Civil Engineering
- Execution Engineering in Mines
- Execution Engineering in Mechanics
- Food Engineering